The cardiac rehabilitation program is specially designed for men and women who have had a heart attack or who present risk factors for heart disease.
- Reduce the risks of future coronary problems
- Improve and maintain cardiovascular health
- Develop muscle strength, endurance and flexibility
- Improve mental well-being
- Get to know other people who have had similar experiences
- Build confidence and adopt and maintain an active lifestyle
- Group fitness session (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 5:10 to 6:30 p.m.).
- Individualized fitness program
- Sessions with a private trainer by appointment
- Access to computerized fitness room with Technogym cardio and weight-training equipment
- Programs supervised by a clinical exercise physiologist, feedback in person and by e-mail
- Exercise and nutrition consultation
- A relaxed, fun atmosphere and social gatherings
Participants require an annual Y membership and must obtain permission and a recommendation from their physician before taking part in the program.
This program is available to at the Downtown Y.
For more information: 514-849-8393, ext. 779.